As of right now, I’m just about two months away from my wedding. First off…WOOHOO!! Secondly…CRAP, I have to fit in that dress!! Therefore, for the last couple of months I’ve been trying to get in shape. I know that most of what weight loss is…is what we put in our mouth. Unfortunately, I REALLY like chicken nuggets, onion rings and Pub Mix. (If you don’t know what Pub Mix is, go to Costco and grab a tub of it. It’s deeeeeeee-licious!) It really has taken me awhile to understand that vegetables, fruit and nuts really can be delicious snacks. Please don’t get me wrong, you’ll see me run at you like a fat kid running for the ice cream truck if you dangle some chicken nuggets in front of my face, but for the time being I am trying to be better! And that’s where these cookies work as a fantastic snack.
1 1/2 cups of oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 Tablespoon flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of pecans, chopped
1/2 cup of dried cranberries (or other dried fruit you may prefer)
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed enough to be liquified
1 Tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Mash the bananas. Here’s my advice: I LOVE Ziploc bags. Take a Ziploc bag and put the bananas in it. Seal it and with your fingers, squish the bananas until they’re completely mashed. To easily take the bananas out of the bag, snip off the corner and squeeze out the contents into the bowl of dry ingredients.
4. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie cutter, scoop about 2 Tablespoons of batter into the cookie cutter and gently press it to mold it into the shape.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.